Hi there, my name is Martin. Thanks for visiting my internet home.
I'm a medical student, blogger, basketball player and musician from Slovenia. Apart from that, I adore reading, windsurfing, web-design and tech.
Me in 10 seconds? Here I go:
- Places: Vienna, Holland, San Francisco
- Sports: Basketball and windsurfing
- Athletes: Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Marcel Hirscher
- Music: Queen and Sinatra
- Book: Why We Sleep
- Languages: Slovene, English, German, Croatian
- Tech: Kindle and Mac
- Quote: "I accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I cannot accept not trying." - Michael Jordan
I combine my experiences and thoughts into interesting and insightful reads. Whether it's a short thought or a longer analysis, I take it on as a challenge to write better. My ultimate goal is for you to understand the details but have a general picture.
Here, you'll find posts about medicine, thinking, learning and more as I continue to write and develop my blog.
A few links to get you started:
- Most read post: Failure Is The Driving Force Of Improvement
- My favourite post: The Most Useful Memorisation Techniques Explained
- Start a blog today: How to Start a Blog on Ghost Today
- Here's how I read: How I Read Better and Learn More From What I Read
- That's my take on success: Genes, Culture and How Wrong We Can Be About Success
- Interested in why coffee wakes you up?: How Does a Cup of Coffee Keep You Awake?
Speaking of coffee...
You can support my work by buying me a coffee (and keep in mind that I'm a medical student).
Most important to me is that you choose to support me on a level that makes sense to you.
Have a good one.