Welcome, I'm a medical student who writes. I write about thoughts I currently can't shake.
Hi there, my name is Martin. Thanks for visiting my internet home.
I'm a medical student, blogger, basketball player and musician from Slovenia. Apart from that, I adore reading, windsurfing, web-design and tech.
I started writing this blog in 2019 as a means of expressing what I know and think about.
Sunday MashUp is my weekly curated newsletter with stories and resources from medicine. I share news, research papers, articles, podcasts and much more that are in some way or another connected to medicine. I want to be as broad as it gets! Read more about it , access all of its past issues or just subscribe below.
Me in 10 seconds? Here I go:
- Places: Vienna, Holland, San Francisco
- Sports: Basketball and windsurfing
- Athletes: Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Marcel Hirscher
- Music: Queen and Sinatra
- Book: Why We Sleep
- Languages: Slovene, English, German, Croatian
- Tech: Kindle and Mac
- Quote: "I accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I cannot accept not trying." - Michael Jordan
A few links to get you started:
- My favourite post: The Most Useful Memorisation Techniques Explained
- Start a blog today: How to Start a Blog (Just Like This One) Today
- Here's how I read: How I Read Better and Learn More From What I Read
- That's my take on success: Genes, Culture and How Wrong We Can Be About Success
- Interested in why coffee wakes you up?: How Does a Cup of Coffee Keep You Awake?
I'm quite active on LinkedIn and I'd appreciate the opportunity to connect with you. I tend to publish short posts on various topics similar to this website's there. I think it's a platform of the future and has the highest quality of the content. You should definitely sign up on LinkedIn and send me a connection request. I'll accept it!
Alternatively, I try to be active on Instagram. So you can also follow me there. Here's the link to my profile.
🔥 Share this post: